Solar Energy Savings
What is savings from solar energy?
Solar panel systems help you save money and protect against rising utility costs. On average, EnergySage solar shoppers achieve payback on their system in just seven and a half years, and they continue to save for the rest of their system’s 25+ year lifespan. However, your 20-year solar savings depend on where you live.
There are a few major factors that influence what you can save:
Advantages of solar energy
Apart from being a dependable source of green energy, solar energy also provides promising individual benefits too:
Reduces electricity bills: The obvious financial benefit of solar power is it can lower your utility bills. Any power produced by your solar panels is the power that you don’t have to purchase from the utility.
- Increases the value of your house: Did you know that in the Netherlands can be sold at higher prices? Installing solar panels on your roof increases the value of your property.
- Low Maintenance Costs: Solar panels rarely have any wear and tear saving your expenditure on repairs and maintenance. Cleaning the panels twice or thrice a year can ensure the efficient running of your system
- Solar panel subsidies: Owners of solar panels can claim 21% VAT on the purchase of their system back from the Belastingdienst.
Other advantages of solar:
- Renewable source of energy as we cannot run out of solar energy
- The solar energy that is generated will substantially reduce greenhouse gas emissions